ODL (Open and Distance Learning) students are generally adult members of a family, full-time occupied and holding other responsibilities. On an average, a student cannot devote more than four hours per day for study. As a result in one year, he/she can devote approximately, 1500 hours for study. Credit point system is one of the important aspects while imparting instruction education through distance mode.
Credit point system is a measure of workload of a student’s effort. One credit point is equivalent to 30 hours of study.
Credit points are calculated with the help of time spent by student for study and practical work.
- Reading and understanding of the Self Learning
- Attending Virtual sessions / Past recorded sessions through Internet
- Attending Faculty Interaction sessions through Internet
- Going through Pre-recorded lecture DVDs
- Going through e-learning modules
- Attending Personal Contact Programs
- Preparation and submission of assignments
- Preparation of the examination
- Referring to additional material relevant to the subject area
- Preparation of the project report / case study / submission