Today’s dynamic insurance sector offers excellent employment opportunities. Besides the Government organizations, several private insurance companies have entered the insurance market.
This has increased the demand for professionally qualified personnel. The Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management aims at creating professionals who can carve a rewarding and promising career in the insurance industry.
The Post Graduate Program in Insurance Management is a well-established program that explores the multi-faceted world of insurance management and reflects the growing interplay between insurance, risk management and financial services.
The curriculum has been designed and developed in collaboration with industry experts and academicians. The program offers specialization on the practice of general as well as life insurance with emphasis on legal aspects and risk management involved in the insurance sector.
Dual (Additional) Specialization:
Dual (Additional) Specialization option is available for the PGDIM program. Dual Specialization can be pursued only after successful completion of the first (primary) specialization subjects / courses. The registration validity for the program remains the same.
No further extension is provided for completion of dual (Additional) specialization. No project submission is required for the additional specialization.
International and SAARC students seeking admission to this program may kindly note that the curriculum of the above mentioned Program is based on the Indian Legal System Practices and Applications of Life Insurance and Indian Laws.
Insurance Consultant, Business Development Manager, Insurance Agent, Development Officer in an Insurance Organisation.
- Graduate in any discipline, from a recognized University.
- International/SAARC Graduates from a recognised/accredited University/Institution.
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply, subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
- The duration of the Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management is one year.
- The registration of the participant is valid for two years.
- For Indian Residents (General/ Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police
/ Symbiosis employee): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 100 OR Rs. 6,700/-
- SAARC : USD 75 OR Rs. 5,025/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different. Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have two options of paying the fees, as mentioned below:
A] Option 1 –
One Time Payment:- Student has to pay the full course fees in one time payment, on or before November 15, 2016.
- General: Rs. 22,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 19,000/-
- International : USD 1,400 or Rs. 93,800/-
- SAARC : USD 750 or Rs.50,250/-
B] Option 2 - Two-Installments: Student has to pay the course fees in two installments
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
- General / Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police : Rs.7000/-
- International : USD 350 OR Rs. 23,450/-
- SAARC : USD 200 or Rs. 13,400/-
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus.
The Demand Draft needs to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.