The curriculum of the Diploma in Creative Writing in English program enables one to further nurture one’s aptitude for creative writing by polishing one’s writing skills and honing one’s potential to be a professional writer.
It can help one to creatively write in different genres / forms, including poetry, screen writing and memoir.
If one is interested in writing, there are a number of related fields that one may join, such as journalism, communication and media, advertising and public relations, corporate communications, professional writing and rhetoric, publishing etc.
The program will help the learners to
- Get an exposure to a wide range of experiences expressed in the different forms of writing.
- Get introduced to the lives and views of well-known writers and media personalities. Through these, learners will get inspiration and guidance.
- Stimulate their creative thinking and writing.
- Dwell in the realm of imagination and bring out the fascinating insights gained through writing.
Career in Journalism, Communication and Media, Advertising and Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Professional Writing, Publishing, etc.
- XII Standard pass-out with minimum 50% marks in English OR
- Diploma holder / Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University (with English as a subject, passed with 50% or completed Diploma / Graduation in English medium). OR
- International / SAARC Graduates from a recognised / accredited University / Institution OR
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply, subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
Students enrolling for Creative Writing program should have passed 12th grade from an English medium school.
- The duration of the Diploma in Creative Writing in English is one year.
- The registration of the participant is valid for two years.
- For Indian Residents (General/ Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police
/ Symbiosis employee): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 100 OR Rs. 6,700/-
- SAARC : USD 75 OR Rs. 5,025/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different.
Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have two options of paying the fees, as mentioned below:
A] Option 1 –
One Time Payment:- Student has to pay the full course fees in one time payment, on or before November 15, 2016.
- General: Rs. 22,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 19,000/-
- International : USD 1,400 or Rs. 93,800/-
- SAARC : USD 750 or Rs.50,250/-
B] Option 2 - Two-Installments: Student has to pay the course fees in two installments
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus. The Demand Draft needs
to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.