Diploma in English Language Teaching program is designed to help students develop proficiency in the methods of teaching English.
One of the ways of learning a language well is to prepare oneself to teach it.
This program trains students to learn different aspects of the English language, from a teacher's point of view. Individuals, who wish to teach English, may opt for this program.
The objective of the program is to bridge the gap between theory and practice of the methodology of teaching English. Prospective teachers will find that the focus of the program is primarily on the various aspects of teaching English.
The program also aims at developing reading and writing skills as also English vocabulary.
After completing this course, a student will develop a clear understanding of teaching and learning of English.
It will help to effectively teach English when one takes up the career of English teacher, either in schools or in professional private classes, besides improving one's own English language skills.
- XII Standard pass-out with minimum 50% marks in English. OR
- Diploma holder / Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University (with English as a subject, passed with 50% or completed Diploma / Graduation in English medium).
- International / SAARC Graduates from a recognised / accredited University / Institution.
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply, subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
Students appearing for their final graduation examination may also apply, subject to completion of graduation within the time period specified by SCDL
- The duration of the DELT program is one year.
- The registration of the participant is valid for two years.
- For Indian Residents (General/ Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police
/ Symbiosis employee): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 100 OR Rs.6,700/-
- SAARC : USD 75 OR Rs. 5,025/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different.
Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have two options of paying the fees, as mentioned below:
A] Option 1 –
One Time Payment:- Student has to pay the full course fees in one time payment, on or before November 15, 2016.
- General : Rs. 10,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police : Rs.10,000/-
- International : USD 300 or Rs. 20,100/-
- SAARC : USD 250 or Rs.16,750/-
B] Option 2 - Two-Installments: Student has to pay the course fees in two installments,
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus. The Demand Draft needs
to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.