In recent years, the use of computers and internet has risen and now computers are an integral and indispensable part of any professional, commercial and industrial activity.
The development of information technology continues to give rise to novel and complex legal problems related to the use of internet and computers. To ensure the appropriate and lawful use of technology, it is necessary to have certain rules and regulations.
Rules and regulations that govern the transactions carried out with the use of computers and internet comprise Cyber Laws.
It is also referred to as Information and Communications Technology Law and covers Electronic Commerce, Electronic Governance, Intellectual Property, Cyber Crimes, Telecommunications, Data Protection and Privacy.
The scope and ambit of the program is very vast and covers every aspect of the Cyber Law related issues, which involve the use of computer or internet. This program highlights Cyber Laws in the areas of Electronic Commerce, e-Governance, Intellectual Property,
Data Security and Cyber Crimes. The program enables students to understand the scope of Cyber Laws in India, adopted in 2000 by enacting the Information Technology Act, 2000.
: International and SAARC students seeking admission to this program may kindly note that the curriculum of the above mentioned Program is based on the Indian Legal System Practices and Indian Laws.
The program will help practicing lawyers and those working in IT companies to update their knowledge of Cyber Laws.
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
- Three Year Diploma Holders from a recognized University/Institution, with a minimum of 3 yrs of supervisory experience.
- International / SAARC Graduates from a recognised / accredited University / Institution.
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply,
subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
- The duration of the Certificate Program is six months.
- The registration of the participant is valid for one year.
- For Indian Residents (General/ Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police / Symbiosis employee): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 35 OR Rs. 2,345/-
- SAARC: USD 25 OR Rs. 1,675/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different.
Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have to pay full Course fee at the time of Registration on or before November 15, 2016.
- General: Rs.10,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs.10,000/-
- International: USD 250 / Rs. 16,750/-
- SAARC: USD 200 / Rs. 13,400/-
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus. The Demand Draft needs
to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.