Entrepreneurs with the right competencies and high need for achievement are the forces that initiate economic development of a country. They are also a means of gainful employment for the masses.
Although entrepreneurial talents exist in all societies, its emergence depends upon right training interventions.
The Certificate Program in Entrepreneurship Development is designed as an experiential learning activity and enables students to practice such activities as researching markets for new products / service ideas, producing a business plan with projected financial statements and identifying resources to implement the plan.
Students get familiar with the characteristics and motivation of successful entrepreneurs.
Students learn how to identify and refine market opportunities, how to secure financing, how to develop and evaluate business plans and manage strategic partnerships.
Students learn various concepts including the basics of management, leadership, motivation, decision-making, conflict management, human resource development, marketing and sustaining an organization. Students also get basic knowledge of accounting practices and finance.
The core course in Entrepreneurship Development & Management equips students with skills and knowledge required to start and sustain their own business.
There are many routes to becoming an entrepreneur: Starting a New Business Concept, Buying a Franchise, Buying an Existing Business, Starting a "Work at Home" Business, Becoming a Consultant.
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
- Three Year Diploma Holders from a recognized University/Institution, with a minimum of 3 yrs of supervisory experience.
- International / SAARC Graduates from a recognised / accredited University / Institution.
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply,
subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
- The duration of the Certificate Program is six months.
- The registration of the participant is valid for one year.
- For Indian Residents (General / Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police / Symbiosis employee): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 35 OR Rs. 2,345/-
- SAARC : USD 25 OR Rs. 1,675/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different.
Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have to pay full Course fee at the time of Registration on or before November 15, 2016.
- General: Rs.10,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs.10,000/-
- International : USD 350 / Rs. 23,450/-
- SAARC : USD 250 / Rs. 16,750/-
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus. The Demand Draft needs
to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.