Instructional design is the process of converting information into enriching learning modules, using established learning theories.
It is a systematic process that involves analyzing learner profiles and training needs, organizing information according to established standards and creating learning plans and content to achieve specific goals.
Traditional training methodology focuses on a predominantly one-way transfer of information. The theories of instructional design, however, focus on a result-oriented learning approach in which the users are able to achieve specific goals in a given environment. It is primarily used to develop computer-based and web-based content.
The PGDID program provides basic theoretical and practical skills needed to design, deliver and evaluate courseware. Students explore the theories of Instructional Design through reading, viewing e-Learning modules and practical applications.
The program aims at the acquisition of professional qualification in Instructional Design as well as self-enrichment and improvement of job-related skills.
Content Editor / Reviewer, Content Writer, Instructional Designer, Technical Writer, Instructional Writer, etc.
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
- International / SAARC Graduates from a recognised / accredited University / Institution.
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply,
subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
- The duration of the Post Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design is one year.
- The registration of the participant is valid for two years.
- For Indian Residents (General/ Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police
/ Symbiosis employee): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 100 OR Rs. 6,700/-
- SAARC : USD 75 OR Rs. 5,025/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different.
Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have two options of paying the fees, as mentioned below:
A] Option 1 –
One Time Payment:- Student has to pay the full course fees in one time payment, on or before November 15, 2016.
- General: Rs. 22,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 19,000/-
- International : USD 1,400 or Rs. 93,800/-
- SAARC: USD 750 or Rs.50,250/-
B] Option 2 - Two-Installments: Student has to pay the course fees in two installments
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus. The Demand Draft needs
to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.