In recent years, with the tremendous growth in trade and commerce coupled with technical advancements,
communication expertise that gives an extra edge over others is much in demand. Technology has become an essential part of business success.
Technical communication is considered to be a professional task to be performed by people who specialize in it. This gives rise to a definite need for specialists in Technical Writing. PGDTW Program prepares such personnel and thereby caters to the need of the industry.
This program aims at acquainting and preparing the learners for the theoretical and practical aspects of Technical Writing, which is gaining a stronghold in today's competitive market.
The program focuses on producing competent technical communicators who would prove to be proactive and responsible for working in every level of profession. This program even aims at developing creativity, eye for detail and time and process discipline among the students as per the need of the industry.
Technical Writer, Online Technical Writer, Technical Web Writer, Usability Tester, Information Mapping Designer, Information Designer, etc.
- Graduate in any discipline, from a recognized University.
- International/SAARC Graduates from a recognised/accredited University/Institution.
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply,
subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
- The duration of the Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing is one year.
- The registration of the participant is valid for two years.
- For Indian Residents (General/ Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police / Symbiosis employee ): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 100 OR Rs. 6,700/-
- SAARC : USD 75 OR Rs. 5,025/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different.
Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have two options of paying the fees, as mentioned below:
A] Option 1 –
One Time Payment:- Student has to pay the full course fees in one time payment, on or before November 15, 2016.
- General: Rs. 22,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 19,000/-
- International : USD 1,400 or Rs. 93,800/-
- SAARC : USD 750 or Rs.50,250/-
B] Option 2 - Two-Installments: Student has to pay the course fees in two installments
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus. The Demand Draft needs
to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.